- Rados technology is an X-ray fluorescence reef/waste sorting method.
- Rados is well-proven and extensively operational in Eastern Europe.
- PPM started R&D into Rados during 2010.
- Both the Silicate and UG2 reef waste can be sorted using Rados technology.
- The Rados proof-of-concept plant is currently operating.
- Testwork should be complete early in 2016.
- This technology discards around 50% of the waste in both the silicate and UG2 reefs, after screening.
- The feed grade of both reefs will be upgraded and thus PGM recoveries improved.
- 30% more reef from the pits would be treatable because of the waste discarded.
- If the project proceeds, first metal is expected during 2018.